3 cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
1/2 cup sliced toasted almonds
3 tbsp Dutch Process Baking Cocoa
1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Melted Coconut Oil
1/2 cup Honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 tsp kosher salt
1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
3/4 cup Freeze Dried Raspberries or Freeze Dried Strawberries
2 Boxes of Betty Crocker Super Moist Butter Recipe Chocolate Cake Mix
1 - 9 oz Bag Heath Pieces (found in the candy isle)
1 cup (or half a bag) Special Dark Chocolate Chips
2 sticks room temp butter
- Pre-heat oven to 350* - shelf on middle. Line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
- Combine both boxes of Cake Mix and both sticks of butter in your mixer bowl. Mix on low until butter is fully incorporated into the mix.
- While mixer is on, one at a time, add the eggs, making sure each egg has been incorporated before adding the next egg.
- Add pieces and dark chocolate chips, mix with spoon and not with mixer so the heath pieces don't break up.
- Spread dough evenly on the parchment lined jelly roll pan.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
If you would rather make these as drop cookies instead of bar cookies, then space the dough 2 inches apart on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes. Center will be slightly gooey (like a brownie).
Tis the time of year when you've gotta make sure your house, car, and anything else is locked up tight or you might get your neighbors extra squash and zucchini! Well I am here to tell you, now you can open your doors and welcome the bounty with open arms! Because we are taking that zucchini and squash and turning it into CHOCOLATE CAKE!!
Chocolate Cake - Taste Tester's Consensus
Husband: Liked it, but could tell that it was zucchini flour
Friend, Natalie who is Gluten Free: Liked it and would totally make it.
Natalie's 9-year old daughter who is also Gluten Free:
Really liked it, wondering what else we can try!
Are you local and want to be a taste tester? Email me and let me know!
This is a great resource page for gardeners that are just beginning and those that have been doing it a long time.
On the go a lot? Don't have time to always make a wholesome dinner for your family? Check out these recipes to get you ahead of the game.
How to's, ideas, inspiration, books, and so much more for learning how to can and preserve your food.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.