I saw this original recipe on the Mountain Rose Blog and I just HAD to make these for my hubby that loves Chai Tea! So with out further ado, here is the recipe, with my changes.
2/3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 teaspoon sea salt
1 3/4 sticks softened butter
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
Powdered Chai Spice Mix
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
1/4 tsp ginger powder
1/8 tsp clove powder
1/8 tsp nutmeg powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, powdered spice mix, and sea salt together.
3. In another bowl, beat butter and sugars until fluffy and creamy. Add egg and vanilla to the butter and sugar mixture and beat until combined. Scrape bowl with spatula.
4. Gradually add flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir until it just becomes smooth.
5. Gradually add oats and mix until well combined.
6. Roll 2 tablespoons of dough into balls with your hands. Place on parchment lined baking sheets about 2 1/2 inches apart.
7. Bake until cookies are golden brown, about 13 to 16 minutes. Transfer baking sheet to wire rack to cool.
What a cute and simple idea from Rashida Coleman at SEW Timeless - Follow link for >> Tutorial & Material List
Want to get mom a corsage - but don't want it to wither? Make this pretty felt corsage for her to wear all throughout the year. Plus it has a secret place in the back to put a note or a picture - so it stays close to her heart. I think this would be cute in Spring colors also! Get Pattern
What a darling idea for little ones to do for their mom (or even with their moms). Get details here for how to make these String Flowers.
This is a great resource page for gardeners that are just beginning and those that have been doing it a long time.
On the go a lot? Don't have time to always make a wholesome dinner for your family? Check out these recipes to get you ahead of the game.
How to's, ideas, inspiration, books, and so much more for learning how to can and preserve your food.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.