2 Boxes of Betty Crocker Super Moist Butter Recipe Chocolate Cake Mix
1 - 9 oz Bag Heath Pieces (found in the candy isle)
1 cup (or half a bag) Special Dark Chocolate Chips
2 sticks room temp butter
- Pre-heat oven to 350* - shelf on middle. Line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
- Combine both boxes of Cake Mix and both sticks of butter in your mixer bowl. Mix on low until butter is fully incorporated into the mix.
- While mixer is on, one at a time, add the eggs, making sure each egg has been incorporated before adding the next egg.
- Add pieces and dark chocolate chips, mix with spoon and not with mixer so the heath pieces don't break up.
- Spread dough evenly on the parchment lined jelly roll pan.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
If you would rather make these as drop cookies instead of bar cookies, then space the dough 2 inches apart on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes. Center will be slightly gooey (like a brownie).
1 tube crescent rolls
6 oz. softened cream cheese
1/2 cup 100% pure pumpkin (not pie filling)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
pinch of ground cloves
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons unbleached flour
FOR THE GLAZE
2 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoon milk
How this recipe came about. My husband loves Alfredo sauce on his noodles instead of red spaghetti sauce. So I would purchase the jars, but since it's just him that eats it, it would go bad before he could finish an entire jar. So then we were buying the packets at the market, and that just seemed silly since they had so many added ingredients that we couldn't even pronounce. So, I got out my Freeze Dried powders and started putting together a recipe that he could use on his pasta. In no time at all we had a solution.
Powder is good for approx. 2 months in an airtight container on the shelf. Best when stored in a cool, dry and dark place at temperatures between 55F and 70F. Actual shelf life may vary based on individual storage conditions.
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup powdered butter
1 cup instant non-fat dry milk
1 tsp kosher salt
3/4 cup freeze dried Monterey Jack Cheese (optional)
1. In your food processor, add all of the ingredients above. Pulse to combine. If adding the freeze dried cheese, pulse until there are no lumps.
2. Store in Quart Size Mason Jar.
Option: Add garlic powder for a Garlic Alfredo Sauce
To Make the Alfredo Sauce
1. Add 3 tbsp of mixture with 2-3 tbsp of water (or milk), whisk together in small bowl, pour over cooked noodles. Recipe is easy to double and triple if needed.
This is a great resource page for gardeners that are just beginning and those that have been doing it a long time.
On the go a lot? Don't have time to always make a wholesome dinner for your family? Check out these recipes to get you ahead of the game.
How to's, ideas, inspiration, books, and so much more for learning how to can and preserve your food.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.