This recipe is from Love Bakes Good Cakes "Talk about a flavor explosion in your mouth! This Mexican Pot Roast with Borracho Beans recipe will become a new family favorite!"
In this recipe she uses a crockpot / slowcooker. I am planning on making this using the InstantPot and will place my findings and recipe below. I think either way you make it would be soooo yummy! Just the flavors have me drooling over here!
Mexican Pot Roast with Borracho Beans - How To Video
INSTANT POT Version of Mexican Pot Roast with Borracho Beans + Beef Bone Broth
- I bought a 5.5 pound rack of Beef Spare Ribs.
- Placed them in the InstantPot by wrapping them around the inside of the pot.
- Dumped a one-pound bag of picked-through and rinsed dry pinto beans
- Cut up one yellow onion into 1-2 inch squares
- Tossed in a few cloves of garlic (minced) and added about 2 tbsp of kosher salt
- Filled the water to the "Max Fill Line"
- Set the InstantPot on High Pressure Cook for 1.5 hours, with 15 min Natural Release.
BEANS OR REFRIED BEANS
- After the first round of cooking, I took out all the beans and most of the broth.
- Put the beans in a large pan, add garlic, tomato paste, dried cilantro, cumin, lime, and Mexican oregano
- Heat over medium heat and stir in all of the ingredients.
- At this point if you want beans, you are done. If you want refried beans you start mashing the beans and other ingredients, adding some of the reserved broth. Continually stirring until you have the consistency you want.
MEAT & BONE BROTH
- After removing the beans and most of the broth, fill the InstantPot with more water, 1 tbsp of vinegar, add some carrots, and 2 bay leaves
- Set the InstantPot on High Pressure Cook for 2 hours with 45 min Natural Release.
This is a great resource page for gardeners that are just beginning and those that have been doing it a long time.
On the go a lot? Don't have time to always make a wholesome dinner for your family? Check out these recipes to get you ahead of the game.
How to's, ideas, inspiration, books, and so much more for learning how to can and preserve your food.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.