Spreadability: Nice and creamy
Smell: Doesn't have much of a smell
Ingredients: Filtered Water, Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil, Soy Protein Concentrate, Corn Starch, Sea Salt, Tricalcium Phosphate, Natural Flavors, Organic Locust Bean Gum, Xanthum Gum, Guar Gum, Vegan Culture.
Flavor: Very mild and somewhat neutral.
Bagel Test: It spread on nicely and melted slightly on my freshly toasted bagel. When I bit into the bagel I didn't have any strong reactions to the flavor or texture. Overall it paired well with my plain, toasted bagel.
Husband Test: Liked it a lot, actually. He doesn't like anything coconut - so that will tell you that is doesn't have a coconut'y flavor.
I give it 4 out of 5 Cheeses.
Would like to see a little more boldness and tang in the flavor.
FINE PRINT: This is not a paid review of any kind. I am documenting my own opinions of products that I paid for out of my own pocket.
3 cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
1/2 cup sliced toasted almonds
3 tbsp Dutch Process Baking Cocoa
1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Melted Coconut Oil
1/2 cup Honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 tsp kosher salt
1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
3/4 cup Freeze Dried Raspberries or Freeze Dried Strawberries
2 Boxes of Betty Crocker Super Moist Butter Recipe Chocolate Cake Mix
1 - 9 oz Bag Heath Pieces (found in the candy isle)
1 cup (or half a bag) Special Dark Chocolate Chips
2 sticks room temp butter
- Pre-heat oven to 350* - shelf on middle. Line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
- Combine both boxes of Cake Mix and both sticks of butter in your mixer bowl. Mix on low until butter is fully incorporated into the mix.
- While mixer is on, one at a time, add the eggs, making sure each egg has been incorporated before adding the next egg.
- Add pieces and dark chocolate chips, mix with spoon and not with mixer so the heath pieces don't break up.
- Spread dough evenly on the parchment lined jelly roll pan.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
If you would rather make these as drop cookies instead of bar cookies, then space the dough 2 inches apart on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes. Center will be slightly gooey (like a brownie).
• 1 gallon whole milk
• 1 pinch salt
• 1/4 cup vinegar or 1 large lemon, juiced