Spreadability: Nice and creamy
Smell: Doesn't have much of a smell
Ingredients: Filtered Water, Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil, Soy Protein Concentrate, Corn Starch, Sea Salt, Tricalcium Phosphate, Natural Flavors, Organic Locust Bean Gum, Xanthum Gum, Guar Gum, Vegan Culture.
Flavor: Very mild and somewhat neutral.
Bagel Test: It spread on nicely and melted slightly on my freshly toasted bagel. When I bit into the bagel I didn't have any strong reactions to the flavor or texture. Overall it paired well with my plain, toasted bagel.
Husband Test: Liked it a lot, actually. He doesn't like anything coconut - so that will tell you that is doesn't have a coconut'y flavor.
I give it 4 out of 5 Cheeses.
Would like to see a little more boldness and tang in the flavor.
FINE PRINT: This is not a paid review of any kind. I am documenting my own opinions of products that I paid for out of my own pocket.
3 cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
1/2 cup sliced toasted almonds
3 tbsp Dutch Process Baking Cocoa
1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Melted Coconut Oil
1/2 cup Honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 tsp kosher salt
1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
3/4 cup Freeze Dried Raspberries or Freeze Dried Strawberries
2 Boxes of Betty Crocker Super Moist Butter Recipe Chocolate Cake Mix
1 - 9 oz Bag Heath Pieces (found in the candy isle)
1 cup (or half a bag) Special Dark Chocolate Chips
2 sticks room temp butter
- Pre-heat oven to 350* - shelf on middle. Line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
- Combine both boxes of Cake Mix and both sticks of butter in your mixer bowl. Mix on low until butter is fully incorporated into the mix.
- While mixer is on, one at a time, add the eggs, making sure each egg has been incorporated before adding the next egg.
- Add pieces and dark chocolate chips, mix with spoon and not with mixer so the heath pieces don't break up.
- Spread dough evenly on the parchment lined jelly roll pan.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
If you would rather make these as drop cookies instead of bar cookies, then space the dough 2 inches apart on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes. Center will be slightly gooey (like a brownie).
This is a great resource page for gardeners that are just beginning and those that have been doing it a long time.
On the go a lot? Don't have time to always make a wholesome dinner for your family? Check out these recipes to get you ahead of the game.
How to's, ideas, inspiration, books, and so much more for learning how to can and preserve your food.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.