Here is the recipe
1/2 cup (1stick) butter
1 1/2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups of confectioners' sugar
1 tablespoon butter, melted
2 tablespoon hot water
dash of vanilla extract
dash of salt
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Cream together the butter and sugar. Add the flour, eggs, and vanilla, mixing thoroughly.
2. Add the salt, baking soda, and sour cream.
3. Drop by spoonfuls onto greased baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
4. To make the frosting, mix together the confectioners' sugar, butter, and water until smooth. Add vanilla and salt. If the mixture is too runny add more sugar.
5. Frost cookies while they are still warm.
Yield: about 4 dozen
What I liked about this recipe was that it was different. The cookies turned out very moist, but did not have a strong butterscotch flavor. So after the first batch came out of the oven, I added about 3/4 cup of butterscotch chips to the dough. These seemed to be better.