2/3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 teaspoon sea salt
1 3/4 sticks softened butter
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
Powdered Chai Spice Mix
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
1/4 tsp ginger powder
1/8 tsp clove powder
1/8 tsp nutmeg powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, powdered spice mix, and sea salt together.
3. In another bowl, beat butter and sugars until fluffy and creamy. Add egg and vanilla to the butter and sugar mixture and beat until combined. Scrape bowl with spatula.
4. Gradually add flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir until it just becomes smooth.
5. Gradually add oats and mix until well combined.
6. Roll 2 tablespoons of dough into balls with your hands. Place on parchment lined baking sheets about 2 1/2 inches apart.
7. Bake until cookies are golden brown, about 13 to 16 minutes. Transfer baking sheet to wire rack to cool.