2 cups enriched white flour
1/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
Pinch of ginger (optional)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium to large bananas)
1/3 cup olive oil or melted butter
1/4 cup milk
2 tsps vanilla
1/2 tsp banana extract (optional)
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir until the ingredients are well mixed.
- In a separate small bowl, combine all of the wet ingredients and whisk until combined.
- Fold in the wet ingredients in to the dry ingredients, making sure not to over mix. Set aside.
- Coat the inside of the rice cooker's pot with cooking spray or oil. Once pot is coated, pour the mixture into the pot, close the lid, and cook on rice setting. My rice cooker has a white rice and a brown rice setting, for this I used the brown rice setting. If your rice cooker only has one setting, use that one, but you may need to run it twice if it's not done when the first cycle ends.
- That’s it! After it’s done, pop the bread out onto a serving tray or plate and enjoy!