1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp dried ground ginger
1 cup roasted pumpkin seeds (without shells)
1 cup cinnamon chips (they are like chocolate chips but cinnamon flavored)
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup canned plain pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven 350°F. Spray each cup in a 24-cup mini muffin tin with baking spray or butter generously.
- On medium heat in a shallow pan, toast the pumpkin seeds until fragrant (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat and place in fridge to cool off.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients up to pumpkin seeds. Once the pumpkin seeds are cooled off, mix them in the dry ingredients. (If the seeds are too warm they will melt the cinnamon chips before you bake them, and that would not be good). Mix in cinnamon chips and set aside.
- In a separate, large bowl whisk together oil, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, pumpkin and yogurt until smooth. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined – do not over mix!
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. (Using a 2-tablespoon scoop will ensure uniform size.) Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from oven and cool for 2 minutes, or until just cool enough to handle in muffin pan.