* Cooking spray
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 2/3 cup whole-wheat flour
* 1/2 tsp baking soda
* 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 3/4 cup sugar (to make Sugar Free - 1 cup of Splenda)
* 3 Tbsp canola oil
* 1/2 cup pasteurized egg substitute (such as Egg Beaters)
* 3 medium ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
* 1/2 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine both flours, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and oil with an electric mixer at medium speed until sugar begins to dissolve, about 2 minutes.
- Beat in eggs; beat in mashed bananas. Scrape down sides of bowl and remove beaters; stir in flour mixture and cranberries with a rubber spatula, making sure you scrape down sides of bowl to moisten everything.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan; smooth top. Bake until browned (a toothpick inserted into center of bread should come out with a few moist crumbs), about 45 minutes. Place pan on a wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes; then turn loaf out of pan to continue cooling on rack.
- Slice loaf into 3/4-inch-thick pieces.
- Once completely cooled, the loaf can be stored at room temperature, wrapped in plastic wrap.
Serving size: 1 slice.