This is such an easy and quick recipe for those nights that you want Mexican food but don't want to go out to a restaurant. Plus it only has 5 ingredients. How much easier can it get?
1 pound ground turkey
1 jar enchilada sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 dozen corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, lightly coat 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Brown ground turkey on med-high heat. Once meat is cooked through add 3/4's of the can of enchilada sauce. Stir throughout the meat, reduce to medium heat. Cook for another 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Remove from heat.
- Heat corn tortillas in the microwave, I do mine all at once, covered with a microwave safe bowl so it steams them. Be careful when removing the bowl - very hot and steamy.
- Layout first tortilla (making sure to keep the others covered so they don't get cold), add 2 tbsp of meat mixture, top with 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese. Fold sides in and place in pan (seam side down). Proceed with the rest of the tortillas, meat, and cheese until your pan is full. Spread the remainder of the sauce on top of enchiladas. This will be a very thin layer.
- Cover with foil, place in oven, bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, remove foil from top, add a light layer of cheese, place back in the oven (uncovered) for 10 more minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Top with Homemade Salsa and serve.