The other thing I love about this recipe is that it is simple and something I can make quickly but it's made to look like I spent all day on them. These would be great for a potluck or a quick dessert to take to someone's house for dinner. I hope you enjoy this one as much as I do!
1 14.1 package refrigerated Pillsbury Pie Crust
1 tablespoon water
1 cup Lemon Créme Filling
1/3 cup white chocolate chips
1/8 tsp shortening
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Bring pie crust to room temperature. Unroll one pie crust on a floured surface.
- Prepare egg wash by lightly beating together the egg and the water, set aside.
- On the first sheet of pie crust, lightly stamp (just to give you an idea of where to put the Lemon Créme). Place a teaspoonful of the Lemon Créme in the center of each of the lightly outlined circles.
- Unroll 2nd pie crust and lightly place on top of the 1st one with the fillings. Using a 2.5" Ravioli Stamp to cut & seal crust into circles, carefully stamp out each pie making sure to keep the Lemon Créme "bump" in the middle of the stamp. Place each pie on a parchment lined cookie tray about 1" apart.
- Once they are all cut out, you can take the remaining dough and roll it out to make a few more. You should get about 14-18 pies total.
- Generously brush the tops of each pie with egg wash. Using a pairing knife, carefully a small X onto the tops of each pie. Bake pies for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, melt white chocolate and vegetable shortening together. Drizzle white chocolate over pies. Let set completely before storing.