1½ cups (6 oz) grated extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened and cut into pieces
¾ cup flour, plus more for dusting
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon Smoked Paprika
1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350˚.
- Put everything except the milk in a food processor. Pulse the processor, 5 seconds at a time, for about 5 or 6 times, until the dough is in coarse crumbs.
- Add the milk and process until the dough gathers together in a ball.
- Roll the dough out on a floured board with a rolling pin that has been floured until it is about 1/8 inch thick.
- Cut the dough into 1-inch squares with a sharp knife or pizza cutter. You can put a bit of flour on the blade of the knife to keep it from sticking. Use a toothpick or skewer to poke a hole in the center of each cracker.
- Place the crackers at least ¼ inch apart on parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes until the edges are just starting to brown.
- Put the baking sheet on a rack and let the crackers cool completely.
- Eat! Or store in a covered container or ziploc to eat within a few days.
Substitute other cheeses for the cheddar for a different snack every time!