Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 pound beef chuck, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato puree
- 1 cup dried black beans, rinsed
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream, for serving
Directions In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine beef, tomato puree, beans, onion (reserve 1 tablespoon for garnish), garlic, chili powder, 2 cups water, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Cover, and cook on high, 6 hours (or on low, 8 hours). Serve chili topped with sour cream and reserved onion.
Found recipe at www.marthastewart.com
- 1.5 c masa harina
- 1/2 c flour,
- two eggs
- two t of baking powder
- 1 t. salt
- 1 scant T sugar (brown, turbinado, white, honey, whatever)
- 1.5 (approx) c of milk
- 1/2 stick of butter, softened
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Rub half of butter (2 T) into dry ingr., Put the other half in a cast iron skillet in a 425 oven.
- Add eggs and enough milk to dry ingr to make a batter (takes more than regular cornmeal bread), around 1.5 c.
- When butter in skillet is melted, spread out batter and bake until brown around edges and light brown areas on top (20 min?). Cool out of the pan if you want to keep the bottom crust crisp.