3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp honey
1/4 cup butter1 egg
2 1/2 tsp quick rise yeast
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 tsp. salt
3 tbsp. butter, melted (for brushing)
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the flour, yeast and salt.
- In a small microwave safe bowl (or glass measuring cup), combine the honey, butter, and buttermilk. Heat in the microwave until the mixture is warm and the butter is almost melted (it took about 30 - 45 seconds on HIGH in my microwave). Allow to sit for 3-4 minutes on the counter before adding the milk mixture into the flour mixture. Add the egg and mix until a soft and sticky dough forms.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- If using a stand mixer, switch to the dough hook and set on the lowest mixing setting for 4 minutes or until the dough becomes elastic OR knead by hand on a lightly floured surface for 3-4 minutes. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and allow it to rest on the counter for 5 minutes.
- Once the dough has rested, cut it into 12 equal pieces. Roll into circles and place into a well-buttered 9x13 pan or ¼ baking sheet. Generously butter the tops and sides of each roll. Place a clean kitchen towel over top. Turn OFF your oven and place the covered rolls inside to rise for 25 minutes.
- Remove the rolls from the oven and turn ON your oven to 375 degrees. Once heated, bake the rolls for 17-20 minutes or until the centers are lightly golden brown in color. Just keep an eye on them, they may take a bit longer.
- Remove from the oven and brush with the remaining butter. Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Life Made Simple Bakes --> http://lifemadesimplebakes.com/2014/06/1-hour-soft-fluffy-dinner-rolls/