Pork Fried Rice
4 boneless pork chops (thinly sliced, see photo)
3 cups cooked cold white long grain rice (you can also use cooked brown rice for a healthier option)
1 carrot (diced)
4 green onions (diced)
1 can sweet peas
3 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic (minced)
2 tbsp soy sauce
salt & pepper
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp hoisin sauce
1 Tbsp oyster sauce
1. Make sure to remove all of the fat from the pork and then cut it into small 1" long slices (see picture). Places these pork pieces in a container that has a tight fitting lid and add the marinade. Cover and let it marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
2. While the pork marinates, prepare the other ingredients. Using your hand, remove all of the lumps from the rice and then set it aside.
3. After the pork finishes marinating, heat a large non stick pan or wok on med-high. Then add just 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and let it get hot.
4. Once hot, add the pork and let it cook about 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, remove the pork and place them on a plate and set them aside. Scramble the 3 eggs in the remaining sauce in the pan, then set aside with the pork.
5. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the wok and let it get hot. Add the carrots & green onion and stir fry them for about 3 minutes, or until the carrots are slightly tender (you want these to be still a little crunchy) add the peas and the minced garlic and cook them for about 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
6. Add in the egg and the pork and mix in thoroughly, add the remainder of the soy sauce, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix everything together thoroughly and then remove it from the heat. Place in a large bowl, break out the chop sticks and serve. Makes about 4 servings.
Leave a Reply.
This is a great resource page for gardeners that are just beginning and those that have been doing it a long time.
On the go a lot? Don't have time to always make a wholesome dinner for your family? Check out these recipes to get you ahead of the game.
How to's, ideas, inspiration, books, and so much more for learning how to can and preserve your food.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. We also participate in the ChristianBook.com Affiliate Program where we earn fees by linking to ChristianBook.com.