1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup pure honey
1 cup oat flour
3/4 cup vanilla protein powder
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup chia seeds
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/3 cup flaxseed meal
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup dried dates (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Spray the cups of a mini-muffin pan with non-stick.
- Heat the coconut oil and honey in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until coconut oil has melted. Set aside.
- Add the following ingredients to the bowl of an 8-cup or larger food processor: oat flour, oats, and chia seeds. Pulse a couple of times until the seeds and oats begin to break up. Add the coconut, flaxseed meal, baking powder, and salt. Pulse to mix.
- Add the chocolate chips and chopped dried dates and pulse until combined.
- Pour the melted coconut oil and honey over the dry ingredients, then pulse just until combined. Transfer to a large bowl and stir well to make sure all ingredients are well-combined.
- Scoop by the heaping tablespoonful into the cups of the mini muffin pan. With your fingers, press each gently but firmly to pack and flatten.
- Bake for about 12 minutes until set and edges are golden.
- Remove from oven, allowing to cool for about 10 minutes. Use a butter knife to help pop each bite out of its respective tin; carefully remove from tin and place on a wire rack until completely cool and set.
- Keep at room temperature in an airtight container