This morning I woke up and found out that it is my husband's boss' birthday. Luckily I live about a block from his work (and mine at the moment). So I threw all the ingredients into the bread machine, crossed my fingers, and set the little whirly deal in motion. Then it was just a matter of waiting for it to mix and cook in the 3 hours that it is programed for. Now to get to work and come back at lunch to see how it did!
Came back at lunch, opened the lid, and it all turned out as yummy and delicious as I had hoped it would be. The only thing that I found weird was that the chocolate chips gravitated more to the outer edges on the ends.
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
2 tsps baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground clove
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Grease bread machine pan and kneading blade generously with shortening.
- In a small bowl measure out the flour, baking powder, salt, and spices, whisk together until combined. Add chocolate chips to the dry ingredients, mix until chips are coated with flour mixture. Set aside.
- Place the oil, pumpkin, vanilla, both sugars, and eggs in pan of the bread machine.
- Gently pour dry ingredients on top of the wet ingredients, close lid and select Quick Bread cycle only. After 3 minutes into cycle, open lid and carefully scrape down sides of pan. Close lid to continue with cycle.
- Cool baked bread 10 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack, or follow manufacturer's recommendation.