chill time: 1 hour
cook time: 12-15 minutes
1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
1/4 cup granulated sugar (+ 6 TBSP granulated sugar set aside)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
22-24 Pumpkin Spice Hershey's Kisses, unwrapped and cut up into small pieces.
1 TBSP ground cinnamon
2 tsp ground cardamom
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp finely ground pink pepper grounds or white pepper (do not use black pepper)
- Combine all of the ingredients in the spice mix, set aside
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, 1/2 Tbsp of spice mix, and salt in medium bowl until well combined.
- Cream butter and sugar in bowl of stand mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg, pumpkin puree and vanilla extract, mixing until well combined.
- Add flour mixture in thirds, mixing until just incorporated and scraping down sides of bowl as necessary each time, stir in kisses.
- Cover mixing bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Mix remainder of sugar and spice mix in a small bowl.
- Using a small [approx. 1 1/2"] cookie scoop, place dough into sugar/spice mixture, rolling to ensure even coverage. Place dough balls on lined cookie sheet about 2" apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes
- Remove cookies from the oven and let cookies cool for 10 minutes on cookie sheets before moving to wire racks to finish cooling completely.