1 can 100% pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie mix)
1 box Sugar Free Yellow Cake Mix
2 tbsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
3 eggs (room temperature)
1/4 cup milled flax seeds (optional)
1/4 cup poppy seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Place pumpkin purée and all the spices in a small sauce pan. On medium-high heat, cook down the pumpkin purée and spices until the moisture level is less - about 10 minutes. Make sure to stir continuasly as to not let the mixture burn. Remove from heat.
- In a medium size mixing bowl or the bowl of your standing mixer, dump in the contents of the cake mix box and the milled flax seed. Start stirring on low. While the mixer is stirring, carefully spoon in the pumpkin and spices. Mix on medium until combined.
- Once mixture is combined add the eggs one at a time with mixer on low. Once the eggs are incorporated, add the poppy seeds and turn the mixer on medium and mix for 2 minutes.
- The batter will be a little thicker then normal cake batter. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the mixture into each of the cups of the lined cupcake tin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 20 minutes, top with your choice of frosting or leave plain.