2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup diced pumpkin spice kisses (optional)
3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened (or Crisco)
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 (3.5 oz) pkg instant pumpkin spice pudding mix
2/3 cup rainbow sprinkles, plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. If you are adding the kisses, add them to the flour mixture, combine and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar. Mix in egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract. Stir in pumpkin spice pudding mix.
- With mixer set on low speed, slowly add in dry ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in 2/3 cup sprinkles.
- Scoop dough out 2 Tbsp of cookie dough and shape into balls. Drop onto parchment paper lined baking sheets, spacing cookies 2-inches apart. Gently press a few more sprinkles into tops. Bake in preheated oven 9 - 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet several minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.