1 cup Coffee Almonds Caramel Macchiato Flavor (chopped)
3 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
4 egg whites
1/2 tablespoon instant coffee granules
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with lightly spray-oiled parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine instant coffee granules and vanilla. Stir and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chopped almonds, powdered sugar, cocoa, salt, and dark chocolate chips. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, use the whisk attachment to beat egg whites until they are white and foamy, but are not stiff peaks. Switch the power to low and stir in the coffee & vanilla extract.
- Remove the beaten egg mixture bowl from mixer and fold in the dry ingredients with a spatula until combined. The batter will be thick, like brownie batter.
- Using a tablespoon, drop a heap (about 2 tbsp) of the batter two-inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 12-13 minutes, until the cookies are puffed, shiny and cracked. Remove cookies from oven and allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 3-5 minutes. Use a spatula to remove cookies from the baking sheet and place on a wire cooling rack to cool completely.