It seems like every party my friend has, she serves this yummy and very addictive Strawberry Pretzel Salad. For this party, I asked her if I could make it for her since she wasn't feeling well (and so I could get the recipe - lol). I made a full sugar version and then a Sugar Free, lower fat version for myself and I must say, it is awesome both ways! I am totally keeping this in my box of recipes for potlucks and parties!
2 cups crushed pretzels
3/4 cup melted butter
3 tablespoons sugar*
3/4 cup powdered sugar*
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese**
1 (8-ounce) container whipped topping
2 (3-ounce) packages strawberry jello mix*
2 cups boiling water
2 (10-ounce) packages frozen strawberries
Whipped topping or whipped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- For the crust, mix the pretzels, butter, and 3 tablespoons of sugar. Press this mixture into a 9 by 13-inch pan and bake for 7 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and 3/4 cup of powdered sugar. Fold in the whipped topping, and spread over the cooled crust. Refrigerate until well chilled.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the gelatin in the boiling water, and allow to cool slightly. Add the strawberries and pour over the cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate until jello is set.
- Top with whipped topping and serve.
*SUGAR FREE VERSION
You can make this Sugar Free by using Splenda instead of the Sugar and Powdered Sugar and Sugar Free Jello instead of the full sugar version. Make sure that your frozen strawberries are not coated in syrup.
**LOWER FAT VERSION
To make this a little more healthy you can use the Greek Yogurt Cream Cheese or the Non-Fat Cream Cheese instead of the the full fat cream cheese.