1 box Betty Crocker® Super Moist® white cake mix
1/3 cup vegetable oil
4 egg whites
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup shortening
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon yellow gel or paste food color
1/4 cup candy sprinkles
- Heat oven to 375°F (350°F for dark or nonstick cookie sheets). Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, mix cake mix, oil, and egg whites with spoon until dough forms.
- Onto parchment paper-lined cookie sheets, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 3 inches apart.
- Bake 8 to 9 minutes or until puffed and almost no indentation remains when touched. Cool 1 minute; before removing from cookie sheet. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In medium bowl, mix powdered sugar and shortening with spoon. Stir in milk and vanilla until smooth. If necessary, stir in additional milk, a few drops at a time, until smooth and spreadable.
- Generously frost cookies using rounded tablespoonfuls of frosting. Immediately decorate with sprinkles; pushing in gently if necessary to make sure they stick to the frosting. Store loosely covered.