3 medium oranges
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup softened butter
orange zest of 1.5 oranges
3 tsp baking powder
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs & sugar for 2 minutes
- Add orange zest, freshly squeezed juice from the oranges, and softened butter. Mix using an electric mixer.
- Half at a time, sift in the flour and baking powder and mix on low speed until combined. Do not over mix..
- Pour batter into a large loaf tin lined with parchment paper
- Bake in a 375° preheated oven for 30-40 mins or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and drizzle fresh squeezed orange juice over loaf. To sweeten more, make an icing using 1/2 cup of powdered sugar and 1 tbsp of orange juice. Mix and drizzle over the top.
- Let it cool down a bit before transferring onto a wired rack to cool completely.